Case Study
All  1-2  3-4

Previous
Next
2971.3 In reply to 2971.2 
Thanks Michael. I must confess that I do not have a great imagination for these things and I am normally obsessive about accuracy and stickiness to blueprints.

I wanted to explore various things irrespective of any real reference so that I could test out all sorts of tools and techniques. I started with the sphere and tried to see what it would give with two “arms” etc., extruding, blending and filleting at will. The export to Modo was a new things to me too, and especially playing with lighting and clay rendering.

I did not have anything specific in mind but it turned out spectacularly well, I think. It would nearly look like a model of a real prototype, the sort of rangefinder that the Soviet navy might have developed out of the equipment they purchased from Nazi Germany before Barbarossa.

There were a few limitations to what MoI could do in this mini-fun-project, the most troublesome for me being that one cannot blend multi-edges, but overall I am very pleased with how easy it is to model a complex component for a warship. Next time, I might go for a gun, and a real one for a change so that the model can be put to good use eventually.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2971.4 In reply to 2971.3 
Hi Jean-Paul,

I like it! Naval subjects are my main area of interest. I will be very interested to see future work.

Do you have a particular project in mind or on the go? Any past projects you can share?

Edit: I just did a search by user and found some of your posts with lots of useful stuff. I haven't made wide use of blend so I will be taking a thorough look at these.

EDITED: 8 Oct 2009 by MABROWN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-4