WIP - WW1 Mark V Tank
All  1  2-5

Previous
Next
Cool model!
With any doubt you can post the volume that makes boolean problem!
Michael loves bugs hunting :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2965.3 In reply to 2965.1 
Hi Medi,
I'de like to see those boolean objects also. when you get time away from that "Great Model" to post them.

Nice work.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2965.4 In reply to 2965.1 
Hi Malcolm,

Your tank has turned out great!

> If you are interested I can extract the objects from the
> scene and send them as a separate file to you.

Yes, if you could send just those pertinent objects to me at moi@moi3d.com I would appreciate it.

There is one particular area right now where the surface/surface intersector has difficulty, which is when 2 tubular type shapes come together and exactly touch each other at 2 sort of "crown" points. This may be related to that problem. Until that gets fixed in the geometry library you may need to do something like shrink one of the shapes slightly to change how they intersect with one another.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2965.5 In reply to 2965.4 
Hi Michael.

I loaded up the tank model to extract the objects but I thought I would try one more time and, wouldn't you know, they united successfully! So I don't know why the problem originally occurred or what changed to make the union successful.

BTW I am also working on another model and encountered a situation where two objects wouldn't unite using boolean even though they were clearly intersecting. Tried a few times with no luck then looked at the properties of the objects and realised one was just a joined surface, even though it looked like a solid( I had used trim lines to divide up a cylinder). I must remember to check that all objects are solids before using boolean in future!!

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers
Malcolm
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-5