What creates apparent size in the final output?

Next
Hi, there,

I realize this is probably not a MOI question, but I don't have any other software that I use, nor do I trust other forums to the extent that I do this one for non-biased advice. :)

What is it that makes the final model (render?) look big or small? For instance, I've seen whole buildings (modeled, of course) that seem as small as a foot or two high, and others that seem, well, like a real building "should".

So my question is, what do you have to do to get your final result to look the same relative size as what you're modeling? Is it a function of the model, one of the rendering, or is it post-processing like in Photoshop?

Thanks a lot, and sorry if this is obvious,

- Paul
(AngelicLight)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2955.2 In reply to 2955.1 
Hi Paul - well when you create a rendering, there is a kind of "virtual camera" that you can position wherever you want and the image is generated as if it was looking through that camera.

To make something look like a familiar size it would mostly involve placing that virtual camera to a relative location to the object that human eyeballs would most usually see it.

So for example don't place the camera 100,000 meters above the building, stuff like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

EDITED: 12 Mar 2010 by EDDYF

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2955.4 In reply to 2955.3 
Thanks very much to both of you. This makes sense now.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All