For Jewellers
All  1-7  8-10

Previous
Next
293.8 In reply to 293.6 
no rush of course... It doesn't really add anything that can't be done with current trim/split tools. Just a nice touch that would add to Moi's freehanded approach... Have you seen the videos of the metaball modelers Teddy and ShapeShop (a.k.a. BlobShop) ? they have an interesting curve "eraser" that works just by scribbling a wavy line across the segment you want to erase. Somehow the program recognizes your intent as an eraser, not as a new curve. Of course it doesn't have the accuracy required by CAD. But it's interesting...

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
293.9 In reply to 293.8 
> Have you seen the videos of the metaball modelers Teddy and ShapeShop (a.k.a. BlobShop) ?

Yeah I've seen that it is pretty cool. Gestures kind of worry me a bit in general, with too complex ones seeming to be pretty hard to remember, but that scribble=erase one is pretty good exception to that, it's easy to remember and I think distinctive enough that it gets recognized with a really high accuracy rate.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
293.10 In reply to 293.9 
i think a "scribble" could be integrated into a precision workflow, if Moi knows to remove a segment based on a few simple rules:

**stop at the closest intersections, quads, and knots
**remove segment if scribbled on segment of a polyline, remove section of line if scribbled on line.

customizable of course ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-7  8-10