Image backdrop -
All  1  2-6

Previous
Next
2925.2 In reply to 2925.1 
Hi Michael

To add something else because theres no undo its too easy to hit remove instead of hide which is a real pain. Can the remove button be placed further away (or an undo)?

Jamie
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2925.3 In reply to 2925.1 
Hi PaQ, I think that most of those are doable except for the "use any transform tool" which is not really feasible since transforms are set up to work on selected geometry, and background images do not either get selected outside of the Image command nor are they regular geometry. Also it would be probably tough to switch it to a different selection method for moving them.

An undo for background images has been on my todo list for a while.

But maybe it would help me to see an example of the type of image arrangement that you're having problems with so I can understand the issues better. Right now it may be helpful to draw a rectangle to snap on to before running the command.

- Michael

EDITED: 16 Sep 2009 by MICHAEL GIBSON

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2925.4 In reply to 2925.2 
Hi Jamie - I'm not really sure where I would move the "Remove" button without it feeling really weird, it is kind of naturally paired with "Add".

But I think that a special undo that worked while you were in the Image command is feasible and should solve that problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2925.5 In reply to 2925.3 
>> Right now it may be helpful to draw a rectangle to snap on to before running the command.

Hi Michael,

That's exactly the point, I was trying to place 5 images to create a 'classic' car blueprint, without any geometry behind to 'drive' the placement.
For sure, by creating first the car bouding box, image placement is much more easier.
Probably I just have to be used to that workflow ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2925.6 In reply to 2925.5 
Hi PaQ, I've seen a few different image layouts for cars, it still may help if you could show me a sketch (even just a rough one) of the particular layout that you're trying to get.

Also I don't know if it applies to your situation but here is a previous illustration on how to align one image to match up along side an existing one:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2501.15

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-6