MoI won't start - Monitor Program?
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
2904.2 In reply to 2904.1 
Hi Cabz - that's something that is only part of the trial version, not the actual full release version.

Like you guessed, it is part of a protection layer to make it harder to "crack" the trial version expiration mechanism.

That particular message is meant to pop up if you are running monitoring programs like regmon, diskmon, to try and analyze the protection's behavior.

As far as I know, it should only be triggered if you have a monitoring program like that actually running, if you can find what program like that is currently running and exit it for the time being, it should enable the trial version to run again.

There is also an alternate trial version that you can download from here: http://moi3d.com/1.0/trial/moi_v1_nosave_trial_setup.exe which does not have that protection layer at all (and does not have any expiration actually) and instead has saving disabled - it should work even when a monitoring type program is running.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2904.3 In reply to 2904.1 
Hi Cabz, also there has been some updates to the protection mechanism since the one that I used for v1.0 / v1.1 - for v2 I'll be using the latest version and it should help to tune things up another notch in this department and that may help to avoid some false positive type situations like you ran into here.

I wish that it was not necessary to protect the time-limited trial version with this type of stuff at all, but unfortunately it is necessary to have it.

Anyway, the reason that alternate "no save" trial version exists is so it is possible to have a version that will run even if there is something getting triggered improperly with the protection mechanism.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Thanks Michael

Yes, it appears to be the javascript debugger add-on for Firefox... lol
  Reply Reply More Options