Analysis Progams
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
2876.4 In reply to 2876.2 
Hi Michael,

> So it is possible for there to be a different kind
> of mesh used for that kind of thing, I'm not
> sure if that is the case for your particular file or not though.

Yes we can use tetrahedron meshes, but that is for more detailed 3d analysis, the file I've attached is just a shell model or what Moldflow call Duel Domain, where the model is just like STL or .obj.

The mesh control is not that good it could take up to 30min sometimes to mesh a product and then there is the aspect ratio to contend with, where you try and get the ratio down to 6 or better for each element for a more accurate result. It's not unusual to manually correct the aspect ratio of 50+ elements.
I'll see what other formats it can handle, I'm trying to see if I can use MoI's brilliant meshing engine to help us out.

@ Pilou, thanks for the link, looks interesting.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2876.5 In reply to 2876.4 
Hi Danny, yeah STL or OBJ are some of the most common polygon file formats so hopefully it would support one of those. I'd think it would support STL at least since that is the single most common polygon format involved with manufacturing.

You'll probably want to use the "Divide larger than" setting when producing the mesh so that more evenly sized polygons are created, like this:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2833.5

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5