Fillet Problem
 1-20  21-23

Previous
Next
2872.21 In reply to 2872.19 
Hi eddi,

We've probably all come across these types of limitations, not only with MoI, it happens in all software, even in cad software that costs 10's of thousands of dollars, I know this from experience and to purchase something for a fraction of the cost of the medium to high end stuff and tell your self why haven't these over priced over bloated modeling software, developed by an army, adapted simple but powerful methods like MoI has.

The thing is when you discover these limitations you plan and work around them until the limitations have been addressed and fixed, the more you use the software the more ways you find to do a particular thing, and when you've established that it becomes easier to find a work around for most limitations.

I've attached your files with all the things that you wanted to achieve with constant fillet by just moving those seems around, so as I was explaining above, now that we know the seams aren't fillet friendly, we simply avoid them, before we commit to a boolean operation we just have to think a few steps ahead and think will the seam get in the way.
What I figured with the 'Merge' command is that if you try an merge multiple sections of segmented edges it screws up the spherical surfaces, but if you do a section at a time it works fine, so you merge the segmented edges of one sphere section at a time.

Until the filleting in the geometry library is further developed to be more robust these are the methods we have to employ.

Cheers
~Danny~
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
@Michael
>>Do you think it would be better if I removed the constant distance option entirely rather than having it in its current state?

hehehe ---> black question
I can remember problem with champfer, option two distance (that was before v1)
It took long time until it worked.
With fillet will certainly ok, sooner or later.

Little idea, moving stitched edge outside critical region, can help for filleting or edge split.
Is this possible ?
See file....

@Danny
>>We've probably all come across these types of limitations, not only with MoI, it happens in all software, even in cad software that costs 10's of thousands of dollars,

These programs do not interest me, moi3D will be even better.

>>we simply avoid them, before we commit to a boolean operation we just have to think a few steps ahead and think will the seam get in the way.

and if we edit a file from foreign hand ?

>>What I figured with the 'Merge' command is that if you try an merge multiple sections of segmented edges it screws up the spherical surfaces, but if you do a section at a time it >>works fine, so you merge the segmented edges of one sphere section at a time.

Hehe, i love one click, not a hundred.

-regards
-EDDI
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Hi all
The following may help in some situations, where fillet refuses to work.(V2)
Steps---> export part as *.SAT and reopen this as SAT.
For test ---> filletbu1.3dm fillet with "Radius 1" was not worked. Save this file as SAT and and try fillet,
new working with all options.
For test ---> filletbu2.3dm fillet with "Radius 2", option "const dist". was not worked. Save this file as SAT and and try fillet, new working.

File 5 has not worked with this steps, i was able to merge with one click but fillet destroyed geometry.

-regards
-EDDI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-23