[Request] Line from Center point :)
 1-20  21-40  41-60  61-63

Previous
Next
Okay, thanks Michael, I'll take a look at the script.

I sort of shy away from scripts cause when I update the betas, they usually don't follow over so I try to avoid using what's not within the MoI base functionality.

This is totally my fault of course.

If I remember correctly, I believe you've even created a utility to help carry over stuff - I'll look around in my MoI notes to see what I can find. (The Pipe command has been about the only command I do try to hang on to since I really like the functionality of that one!)

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2782.62 In reply to 2782.61 
Its fairly straight forward will. You can keep a folder in your my docs where you copy any scripts into before you copy them to your commands folder. In same folder a text doc where you type your shortcuts and command names/scripts.

New beta release....Copy folder to folder and copy text to ini shortcuts section. Takes about 30 seconds.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2782.63 In reply to 2782.61 
Hi Will,

> I sort of shy away from scripts cause when I update
> the betas, they usually don't follow over so I try to avoid
> using what's not within the MoI base functionality.

Actually the ones that are completely contained inside of a keyboard shortcut (rather than having additional files involved) do carry over between beta releases.

That previous "keep construction lines" one that I mentioned is like that - because the entire script is contained in the keyboard shortcut, that script gets stored in your moi.ini file and unless you have moved the moi.ini file it it will stay in its regular central location and be found automatically by a new beta release.

It's when you have a more intensive "custom command" installed which may contain a larger script or also has accompanying UI files, that you need to copy stuff over between releases. That's when there are additional files involved to run the script, like if you download a .zip file with stuff in it.

> If I remember correctly, I believe you've even created a utility
> to help carry over stuff

Yes, for every v2 beta release shortly after the release I've posted a utility program that will copy any custom commands you had for v1 over to the new v2 beta.

But you don't actually need that for this particular case with the "Keep construction lines" script since it does not have additional files, the whole script is just stored in the keyboard shortcut itself.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-20  21-40  41-60  61-63