Feature Request - Multi Monitor support
All  1-10  11-14

Previous
Next
2777.11 In reply to 2777.9 
> Yeah, that's possible if someone ended up using more specialized HTML stuff.

> But that's not really needed for the things that MoI uses - just the base IE6 level of stuff is actually fine for what MoI is doing. MoI just does not use it to make big intricate web pages - it's using it mostly to arrange text and controls at a kind of more granular level.

> Also MoI relies more on custom drawn controls to handle quite a lot of things, rather than being totally dependent only on CSS.

I agree with your statements insofar as they apply to the core MoI code. But it seems likely that users might start going further afield in their own extensions. I've already written some pop-up MoI windows that use standard HTML tags, custom CSS, some non-MoI ActiveX components, open-source Javascript toolkits, etc., and it all seems to work together fairly well. In cases like this, I would view standards compliance as a really good thing to have.

> Yeah, it's pretty much classified as a system component and is not part of any redistributable package.

I guess that's what I was wondering, if it was part of a redistributable package. Too bad.

> That "not bundled" thing probably means that iexplore.exe is not around, I kind of doubt that it means that all the lower level components such as mshtml.dll are not installed.

Duh! I guess I should have figured that one out myself. That's what happens when you only read the headlines :-)

- Dave Morrill
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2777.12 In reply to 2777.10 
> One good way to avoid running into this when authoring your HTML is to use quirks mode.

> That's when you don't have a <!DOCTYPE declaration before the <html> tag.

> When in quirks mode, mshtml basically maintains the same legacy behavior for things like layout and various CSS stuff, so it makes for less chance of accidentally making a dependency on a specific version of IE.

Hmm...I'm not sure I would agree with that being a "good" thing. In any case, it's not a huge deal. If someone writes a script requiring IE8, I'm sure if it's compelling enough, other people will upgrade if they need to. As you said, as long as you stick with "quirks" mode, you've insulated the MoI core from all of these issues. And I'm free to use IE 8 features in my scripts as I see fit. Sounds like win/win to me...

- Dave Morrill
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2777.13 In reply to 2777.5 
Would it be possible to have one window which was completely stripped bare, with just the viewports, and to have all of the subsidiary control UI in a separate window? That seems like it should be doable, and while still not optimal, might be a step in the right direction for some users. Obviously, it'd be better for you to spend your time doing it right, when you have time, but if that's something that the existing UI supports, someone else might want to do that.

/Ella
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2777.14 In reply to 2777.13 
Hi Ella, yes I think it would probably be feasible to have something like that, check out this previous discussion for some ideas on putting the side pane into a dialog for example:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1173.17

But it will probably be a bit difficult to make it work very smoothly, like remember positions when you start MoI up again, stuff like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-14