Format SAt
All  1-14  15-18

Previous
Next
2761.15 In reply to 2761.13 
Hi Danny,

>>That's surprising, I find *.step to be the most robust translator when importing into Industrial 3d CAD programs, I find it the next best translator to parasolid *.x_t

Inventor will not import an exported Step file from MOI, even a cube gives error. Step AP203 from SW imports (on quick tests) OK.

I have been looking at importing a Sat file from Viacad(Acis) into Revit(demo), anything above sat V7 gives error, below V7 does import, but not an expected result, as example, a cube is imported as a rounded cube.

Looking at Inventor, that will import sat from MOI and sat V7 (and below) from Viacad(sat above V7 from Viacad is reported as "not supported")

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Message 2761.16 deleted 30 Jul 2009 by IGOR

Previous
Next
2761.17 In reply to 2761.14 
Hi Michael!

That's a huge step forward with sat export!!!
I tested it on 2009 ver and it went in perfectly!!! Just like rhino now!))

I now can't wait till you release next beta cause next week i start a new project and might already start using MoI heavily..

btw you mentioned that it will be an option in moi and now you say that it will be switched on by default.. Will such spliting affect performance of a MoI model? when it will be preferrable not to have it switched on?

Thanks
Igor
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2761.18 In reply to 2761.17 
Hi Igor,

> Will such spliting affect performance of a MoI model? when it
> will be preferrable not to have it switched on?

Well, the main thing is it alters topology - things like edges that cross the split line will be split into 2 edges rather than staying as one long edge.

It can be nice to keep edges longer when possible, it makes some kinds of operations that work by selecting edges such as fillets to be handled easier since there are less pieces to pick.

I don't think that you will have much choice but to leave it enabled for going into Revit though, since Revit just does not seem to handle closed surfaces.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-14  15-18