Group/Ungroup
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
272.2 In reply to 272.1 
Hi Tony - certainly a group-type function becomes much more important as you progress into more complex and detailed models with lots of pieces.

That's why I do plan to add some type of group / layer / model organization type features sometime later this year.

But it is not particularly useful for concept or simple models.

For MoI, I have been concentrating on the idea that it should be able to walk before it is able to run, so-to-speak. That is, that I want to make sure that MoI V1 is very good and smooth at creating relatively simple models. Once the feature set for doing simple things is rounded out a bit more, then it will be time to concentrate on features for doing heavier and more detailed models.

So don't worry, MoI will eventually get this type of functionality to help with more complex models. But unfortunately it is not possible for all features to spring into existence simultaneously... :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Please, not layers!
I was working with AutoCAD for more than ten years and I thought that layers is the only way to categorize and organize things but then I changed to Revit and I discovered that sometimes layers are just more clicks, more work to do... Of course this is not always right but I would prefer another (Think Michael!) way of grouping and handling for MoI
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
272.4 In reply to 272.3 
Yeah, I don't want to actually do just traditional layers or groups, I want to try something a little looser and more flexible.

I have some ideas, but they're not completely clear yet.

This is the main reason why this area is missing right now (along with it being just time consuming work).

So don't worry, I don't intend to do something clunky unless it is a last resort! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4