UI Issue
All  1-2  3-6

Previous
Next
2719.3 In reply to 2719.2 
Hi Michael,

I'll check those things when I get home.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2719.4 In reply to 2719.2 
Hi Michael,

I've sorted this out, it's got to do with the vista desktop composition.
I'm new to vista and found out that it had a program compatibility wizard, who knew, which I ran and tried the various compatibility settings.
I've also attached the reports that, after finishing the wizard, it sends to Microsoft. I thought they might help in indicating the compatibility problem for MoI.

Cheers
~Danny~

EDITED: 26 Jan 2010 by DANTAS

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2719.5 In reply to 2719.4 
Hi Danny, thanks for the update and I'm glad that there is a solution.

Yeah, that new desktop composition mechanism is a pretty major change in Vista for how programs end up being drawn on the screen. I rather wish that they would not have made such a big change because it introduces a variety of issues that were not generally present in Windows before, like actually an increase in flickering in some instances which is difficult to avoid since the program is not in complete control of how it is drawn anymore.

But anyway, yes you can turn it off on a per-application basis. In addition to that wizard, there is some kind of compatability tab that you can set on a shortcut when you right-click it and pick properties.

This particular thing with the missing labels looks like it may be just a bug in the desktop composition engine though, it is possible that it may go away in a windows update at some point.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2719.6 In reply to 2719.5 
Hi Michael,

Just to let you know that the above issue has been fixed in Service Pack 2, no compatibility mode required.

Cheers
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-2  3-6