Angle Alignment

Next
Hello, just a small request. I would like to be able to align objects by selecting there center axis, the axis can be drawn by a two point line, then I would have a construction line in 3D view port, I would select the first point of the line, this would let me move the object to a point on a construction line, then I would select a second point and and move that onto the construction line which would rotate the object in all three axis. This can be done by using rotate and move, but it takes much longer.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2689.2 In reply to 2689.1 
Hi Val, could you possibly make a small diagram or something to help show what you are talking about here?

In the future I do definitely want to have some additional tools for controlling the orientation of objects by picking some reference points on the object and then on a target position. I think what you are describing would be covered by that, but I'm not entirely sure...

Currently though you will need to do rotations to do that kind of stuff.

One thing you may be interested to help out with that is the "wheel mode" rotation using the edit frame, which lets you do things like this:

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2689.3 In reply to 2689.2 
Hello, yes I think you understood me. Basically we already have something familiar, like using a line to adjust background image to the geometry as well as rotate it and scale it. We need the same option in 3D for objects to align into difficult positions perspectively to other objects. A simple two point line that can be drawn from one end of the object(mesh) to the other and then this object can be manipulated using that line, where as one point would move the object, while the other would scale(using the scale tool, or a shortcut), rotate(align really), and align.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All