Diff problem
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
268.2 In reply to 268.1 
Hi,

Generally speaking, the boolean operation always works better with a solid.
Just close both end of beam using "planar" command; then perform "boolean-diff".

Petr
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
268.3 In reply to 268.2 
Yes for the time being the booleans tend to get a little confused with open (non-solid) objects.

Until I get a chance to tune this up you should either solidify the object like Petr mentioned, or an alternative to that is to use the Edit/Trim command to cut the objects with each other and leave the pieces behind, then do an Edit/Join to join the pieces together.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next

Thanks, I didn't think of that.
Michael, it would be nice to fix this, also a "solidify" command as an option would be great. I guess this kind of masses are ment to be solid, not a rectangular tube. If I wanted to make an arc beam for example I would use a rectangular or similar profile but I would like the result to be a solid, not a tube. So I guess this is a must.

EDITED: 5 Jan 2007 by JTB

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
268.5 In reply to 268.4 
> also a "solidify" command as an option would be great.

As Petr mentioned, this command does currently exist as the Construct/Planar command. If you have an object with planar open ends, you can select the object and run Construct/Planar and it will fill in the holes with planar surfaces which will solidify the object.

Construct/Planar also does another function which is to build a flat surface from a set of planar curves, which it will do if curves are selected instead of surfaces when you run it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just did a test and understood what you're saying, thanks Michael, Petr, everything is ok.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
268.7 In reply to 268.6 
For the next beta, I have tuned this up a bit so that loft and sweep have a new "cap ends" option, which shows up if you have planar closed profile curves. So with this loft and sweep can produce a solid directly without any extra steps.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7