MOI TO OBJ TO 3DS CONVERSION
All  1-4  5-6

Previous
Next
2675.5 In reply to 2675.3 
Hi Michael,

There are still vertex normal problems with the .fbx export when using some external renderer inside max, like maxwell for example.
That's said it's not MoI fault, as everything is rendering perfectly with the scanline engine or mental ray.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Hi again

Thanks to Michael, PaQ and Burrman for your feedback and helpful advice... I will have to get back on the program and test the settings as advised.... I will send an update on the progress in the next few days!

Thanks again Michael; in response to your question, the Poly Count is an important factor because a lot of the assets are mostly part of larger worked-up scenes, a lot of the time there are even multiple models of a few different objects at any one time (amongst others) so we can not afford to accumulate intense Poly volume and risk colossal render times or even crashes. That's why I'm looking for a clever modelling program that will be efficient in our work-flow.... if all goes well then of course MoI will be a very likely contestant to win..... I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!
Z
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6