MOI to Indigo
All  1-6  7-13

Previous
Next
2670.7 In reply to 2670.6 
>>>I am happy to see more competition to Maxwell and Fry in the unbiased market as they were holding too many of the cards.

My thought exact, I own Maxwell but I look for any excuse to press uninstall, Fry could have been the solution But no Mac or Linux support.

anyway you need to register just browse the thea forum (which a bit annoying) so here so of the images...

(unbiased) test render showing sun pool caustics (No other unbiased Render has a solution to this (yet)...)

Image Courtesy of notareal

Image Courtesy of Grzegorz Rakoczy

Image Courtesy of Jon Westwood

Image Courtesy of Alexandre Murat

EDITED: 22 Oct 2010 by NEO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2670.8 In reply to 2670.7 
nice images. the prism is beautiful. I did register already and poked around the forum a bit. Do you know if any of those images used biased features?

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2670.9 In reply to 2670.8 
Dispersion examples are done in unbiased mode...not sure about the rest. Stay tuned they will be giving more info soon also making beta test calls.

EDITED: 6 Jun 2009 by NEO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Call for exporter/plugin developers

(Thea Render has reached a certain status in terms of stability and rendering capabilities and we would like now to call for exporter/plugin developers in order to help us expand our integrations with 3rd party software.

We are looking for developers that have some good familiarity with the plugin system of a modeling application and can maintain good communication during development.

We will be very pleased to hearing from you and discuss a potential co-operation.

If you are interested, send us an e-mail to contact[at]thearender.com.)
jbshorty if you don't mind post that @ the Rhino Forum

MoI has no SDK so not point asking, But perhaps an exporter could do for now...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2670.11 In reply to 2670.10 
I just put together a list of features and posted the Rhino NG... I feel a little bit guilty, I downloaded Kerky a few years ago but made no attempts to learn it. I remember not feeling comfortable in the UI. But it looks like there are some really nice features hidden in there! Some things which other unbiased engines can't do... looking forward to hearing more info about Thea...

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2670.12 In reply to 2670.11 
hi jonah, I much appreciate that. (I have also been using Rhino OS X for some time now and it looks like Ill be joying the Rhino universe soon).

one other thing is that the Thea developers don't want people to compare Thea to Kerkythea...(same people but new product).

[THEA RENDER is our next generation engine, operating in full visible spectrum and delivering highest quality
using state-of-the-art techniques and in-house R&D. It encapsulates the new technology in an advanced and
intuitive user interface written from scratch – to be integrated also as seamless plugin on most popular modelers.]

EDITED: 22 Oct 2010 by NEO

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
it's a parallel universe anyway, one I am afraid to venture to... :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-6  7-13