viewport
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
2656.2 In reply to 2656.1 
Hi Andras,

> Is it possible that V1's viewport is faster then V2beta?

I would be kind of surprised if this happened... There have not really been very many changes to the way the basic viewport display works between v1 and v2 as far as just viewing and zooming/rotating around.

There have been some changes to how v2 works for some particular areas like transformations, for example dragging heavy objects should be much faster in v2 than in v1.

If you have an example of something that works better in v1 than in v2, can you please send the file to me at moi@moi3d.com so I can see what may be happening?

Also if you want to compare speeds, you may want to turn on the viewport display time marker. That will make a number appear in the upper-left corner of a viewport beneath the view name, that shows how many milliseconds it took to draw it.

To enable that, hold down Ctrl and click on the "MoI" label in the upper-right corner of the screen that shows up next to the min/max/close window buttons when the MoI window is maximized. Then pick the "Show viewport display time" menu item.

That way you can compare some actual numbers between the different displays.

If you have a file that you suspect is behaving differently though, it would be a big help if you could send that file to me if possible so I can examine what is happening.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2656.3 In reply to 2656.2 
hmm the difference is 10. V1 is 10 times faster than V2 in this scene...

??? I make my car, I can send soon...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2656.4 In reply to 2656.3 
Hi andras, over here I ran several tests on a variety of files and got equal results between v1 and v2.

So it is likely to have something to do with a particular shape in that file.

I'll need to examine it and do some tests over here to try and see what would cause a difference like that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2656.5 In reply to 2656.4 
Hi andras, also one quick thing you might try is to go to Options / View / Meshing parameters and uncheck "Add detail to inflections".

There is a difference between how that behaves in v1 and v2, but it is supposed to be better (not generate as dense of a display mesh) in v2 instead of worse.

You may want to uncheck that though and see if you get a major difference or not.

When it is off in both v1 and v2 that will eliminate one area of potential difference between them.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2656.6 In reply to 2656.5 
hello Michael!

I am so sorry but yesterday it's seems my computer was crazy ...today everything is OK. it works with 16ms great :)
(maybe some memory proleme or I dont know)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2656.7 In reply to 2656.6 
Hi andras, no problem!

I'm glad that the problem is not there today anyway... :)

It may be a good idea to go to the web site for your video card manufacturer and download their latest drivers.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-7