Unable to create Direct3d9 device
All  1  2-4

Previous
Next
2587.2 In reply to 2587.1 
Hi aa13x,

This message means that the Direct3D system in Windows returned an error message back to MoI when it tried to initialize the 3D display system.

There are a few different possible things that can cause this.

One is if you have previously turned off hardware acceleration on your machine. Sometimes people may do this to make some types of screen recording software work better. If this is the case, then just make sure to turn the hardware acceleration back on.

You can also get this message if you have a much older video card that does not support the minimal functions that MoI needs. This is only likely to happen with a card that is something like more than 7 or so years old though.

If you can let me know what video card you have you in your system, I can tell you if that is the problem or not.

Finally, it is also possible for there to be some installation problem with the Direct3D system. To test for this, you can try going to Start / Run, and type in "dxdiag.exe" - this will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and you can go to the Display tab in there and push the button labeled "Test Direct3D". If the tests fail then there is something wrong with Direct3D on your system and you should probably try to install the latest DirectX update, and probably also install the latest version of your video driver.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2587.3 In reply to 2587.1 
Hi aa13x,

> I'm on Windows 7 Beta

Sorry, I didn't see this part.

Maybe if you only have generic video drivers installed there may not be any support for accessing the 3D hardware of your video card.

I'd suggest trying that DirectX Diagnostic Tool to see if it shows any problems, and see if you can find any updated video drivers those are probably worth a try to install.

But since Windows 7 is only in Beta and not a finished OS release yet, it may be difficult to find solutions to driver problems like that for the moment.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2587.4 In reply to 2587.3 
It's an old laptop, came out around the release of XP. I was using the windows drivers for display, since the actual drivers are made for XP, and have a little performance issues. After I installed the drivers, MOI works fine. Thanks for the info!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-4