Shading and rendering puzzle

Next
Hi all.

A part of the model I am working on in MoI stopped being « seen » in Rhino both in shading and in the renderer. The puzzling bit is that only a portion of the model “disappeared” and is displayed only in wireframe, while the rest of it looks fine. In MoI, the entire model still looks normal. Everything is joined into one single part. I wonder what happened and what I should do to get it back to normal.

Jean-Paul

This is how it looks in MoI

And in Rhino

And in Flamingo

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2540.2 In reply to 2540.1 
This looks like a flipped normals problem. Can you select the areas in Rhino and flip/reverse the normals (I'm not a Rhino user)

If it is normals then I think Michael has added a command to the next beta to flip them in MoI.

Regards
Tony

(aka HamSoles)

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2540.3 In reply to 2540.1 
Hi Jean-Paul - it looks like Rhino is having a problem generating the render mesh on that object.

Can you please post the 3DM model file, or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com if you want to keep it private? That will let me take a look at the model to see if there is something wrong in the model or if it is one of the cases that Rhino's mesher does not like to handle.

For the moment to make a rendering, you can export from MoI to OBJ format (probably use Output: Quads & Triangles option) and bring that into Rhino, which should then render fine since it will already be a mesh.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All