Lining up on 0,0,0.

Next
I have used another CAD program (Matrix) that had a dedicated key for world zero, this was very useful for getting lines 'right' rather than looking right and turning out later to be very slightly off.

In a complicated model it can be hard to find the real middle. I notice that a lot of peoples problems including mine come from extremely small inaccuracies. Could I add it to the wish list please?

regards Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2522.2 In reply to 2522.1 
Hi Tim,

Not sure if it exaclty fit your needs, but have a look here :

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2409.1

Handy to center things at the origin (however it doesn't work on curves control points)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2522.3 In reply to 2522.2 
What I was thinking of was that when you selected a line tool you pressed this key , or a button and it put the first point at 0,0,0. The next point would then be outside the confused mess you have already made:)

Tim.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2522.4 In reply to 2522.3 
Hi Tim, you mean that when you are drawing a line you want a shortcut for placing the first point of the line?

You can do that currently by typing 0 <enter> to place the point you are currently picking at 0,0,0.

Anytime that you are placing a point, you can type in specific coordinates, and you will see your keystrokes go into the xyz coordinate box at the bottom of the window:

That same area will show you the coordinates of the current point when you are picking with the mouse.

Also if you click in that box a panel will pop up and you can enter in some values that way without using the keyboard if you want. If you just start typing numbers without clicking, then the numbers will just go directly in there and the pop-up panel will not show.

There are also a few different methods available for entering points in different ways, like relative to the previous point, or in polar coordinates (angle and distance rather than x,y,z), see here for the list: http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/moi_command_reference1.htm#__XYZ%20/%20Distance%20/%20Angle

The one you want is 0 which is a shortcut for 0,0,0 .

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All