The best of MoI for Rhino user

Next
Hi,

I bought MoI because the super fast mesher, the clean mesh output and the possibilty to convert very complex STEP files to meshes. I ask me what are the other features that could be interesting for a Rhino user. I don't mean the nice MoI interface and workflow, more features like ... which could be a surprise for a Rhino user?

Here my favourit features I found yet

* fast, clean meshing of complex models
* shelling

Ciao,
Micha
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Also being able to boolean solids and curves together. Good filleter (but not variable yet). Robust solid booleans and intersector... Will be interesting to compare again to Rhino 5's improved booleans and interesector...

jonah
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
drawing on surface is better in my opinion in some instances
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Better import on .iges, .step
Smart object snaps, construction lines

But there few important features missing if are an advanced surface modeler. I hope is gonna be the main focus for the next few releases...
Also OS X will be more than welcome. Which is the main reason for me to consider Rhino. I wish McNeel was using OS X as an experimental platform to address core problems which are the main reason why Rhino users welcoming MoI. IMO
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
A hidden favorite of mine (that hasn't been mentioned yet) is the chamfer/fillet edge on an entire object (without having to pick all the edges). Kinda silly it would seem, but a GREAT time saver and really nice when you need to break the edge for rendering to get rid of that "too sharp" look with little fuss.

AW
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All