UV from Planar Oddity
All  1  2-6

Previous
Next
2493.2 In reply to 2493.1 
Hi Nick - if you turn on the surface control points it should be clearer what is happening.

MoI's Planar command builds an underlying surface that is somewhat extended larger than the boundary edges.

There is a command in Rhino called "ShrinkTrimmedSrf" which you can use if you want to shrink the underlying surface down close to the boundary's edges - if you run that on the plane that has different UVs, then it should make it the same as the others.

MoI also has a ShrinkTrimmedSrf command as well, but to activate it you have to set up a keyboard shortcut for it, there isn't currently a button for it.

The other methods that you show there like Loft and Sweep don't happen to make a surface that is larger than the trim edges.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2493.3 In reply to 2493.2 
A-ha! Yes, I see now. Wish I woulda thought of the control point trick before I asked, but then again, I had no idea that the UVs were assigned to the bounding box. :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2493.4 In reply to 2493.3 
Hi Nick,

> I had no idea that the UVs were assigned to the bounding box. :)

Well, they don't have to be, that just happens to be the way that it is done in Rhino.

In MoI I do a built in shrink-down of the surface when it is meshed, so if you export to a mesh format from MoI you would see all those UVs looking the same.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2493.5 In reply to 2493.4 
Could be nice if the UV could automatic match the surface and there would be no difference between NURBS and mesh. Could be important if MoI supports textures. ;)

If I remember me right textures are planed for v2 or? If yes, will it be possible to do some basic UV manipulations like repeat/offset/angle?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2493.6 In reply to 2493.5 
Hi Micha, no textures are planned for the display in v2, just basic colors only.

Currently the focus is on basic colors for helping with object organization, and also setting up material assignments so that it will be easier to set up textures and stuff like that inside of your rendering program.

In the future I do want to add support for seeing textures in MoI but that will be a ways off still.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-6