v2 beta screen issue
All  1-5  6-8

Previous
Next
2462.6 In reply to 2462.5 
Hi Micha, yes large textures will also consume a lot of video memory as well, if they are particularly high in resolution it can be surprising the amount that they take up.

For example a 4096x4096 image will take up 4 bytes per pixel, so that is

4096x4096x4 = 67108864 bytes = 64 MB .

Normally a 256MB card is plenty for typical usage, but if you are often going to have several very large textures, you might consider upgrading beyond that.

It's also not a bad idea to resize the textures in an image processing program to be somewhat smaller in pixel size.

MoI will automatically resize textures (used for background images) to a maximum size of 2048 (settable in moi.ini, [View] MaxTextureSize=2048) to avoid consuming too much video memory, since video memory is a lot more limited system resource than main system memory. I don't know if there is a similar setting in Rhino, but if there is maybe it is set a bit too high for a 256MB card and should be lowered on your system to cap the maximum texture size that is sent to the video card.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2462.7 In reply to 2462.6 
An other screen issue, not important, but maybe you like to fix it. If the numerical field is open and I swap to an other WINDOWS application, than I see the num pad allways. Attached a screenshot with open web browser.

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2462.8 In reply to 2462.7 
Hi Micha, yup that's bug in v2 (not present in v1) - it was previously reported here: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2341.6 and is fixed up for the next v2 beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-5  6-8