Some improvements for V2.0

Next
Hi all,

my first porst here so let me say hello to everybody and sorry for my poor english skills (I'm not engish native speaker).

After some months of use, I have to say that MoI is the best 3D modelling software I ever used for my small needings. All my models have been modelled to be used with our company's IGES compatible software, and all of them have been loaded pretty well with our software without problems.

Main problems we have here are:

.- when some other people sends us a big IGES file and we have to modify it, MoI seems to be freezed, but finally it loads the model. Is there any chance to know the progress of the loading? Let me say, progress bar, percent information...
.- Coloured models. We have to use third party programs to "paint" our models (basic colors, we do not use textures). Of course, color information has to be stored inside the output file...
.- Also, I've noticed that, in V2 trial, you can assign names to the different models of the scene, but when you export to IGES none of these names is stored. Is this normal? This info can be stored only on 3DM files?

Anyway, very good job. I think I will be a MoI-addict for a long... ;)

CU
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2460.2 In reply to 2460.1 
Michael,

I too wonder if the mesh/part name we assign in Moi could follow when we export. For me having a 100 (okay maybe 50) part object file with names for export as IGES (to CAD) or OBJ (for Blender) would be incredibly helpful.

Note: This and coloring of parts for reference are wishes (similar to winning the lotto), I love the application...it is the easiest way to get my ideas in the computer!

David
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2460.3 In reply to 2460.1 
Hi CU, thanks for your feedback!

The good news is that I do expect to make progress in all of the areas that you are asking about before v2 is complete.

Re: freezing while loading and progress bar - at the very least I am going to be able to make it so MoI does not "freeze up" while a large load is going on, and I think there is a good possibility to be able to have a progress bar as well, but I'm not completely sure about that part yet. This stuff is not going to be in the very next v2 beta but should be done before v2 is complete. And actually for the last Jan-19 beta there was a significant improvement related to this to not freeze up while exporting to a mesh format while the mesh is being calculated.

Re: Colored models - this is actually the area that I am working on right now, so I expect to have some progress here for the next v2 beta. It may not be until the next beta after that the information is stored in export files though, my initial focus is getting the UI for this done.

re: assigning names to IGES models - the work for exporting the names is not complete yet, I will probably be focusing on that at the same time that I do the color exports. I'm not completely sure yet, but I think that it is possible in IGES to store a name for an object.

So pretty much these areas are still in progress, there should be more stuff coming for them before v2 is complete.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All