Enhancement request

Next
There is something which bugz me for a while and now I took the time to write it down...

When I sweep a geometry along a path and I am finished, then ALL selections remain selected.
It would be much nicer if only the first selection would be selected after that operation.
This would allow quick work if a shape has to be swept along a lot of curves.
Now I have to deselect all and then reselect that first one again, and again...

Cheers
Rainer
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2435.2 In reply to 2435.1 
Hi Rainer, the problem I could see with that is that it is not unusual to want to delete or hide the input curves that were used to create the surface.

If only some of the input curves remained selected, it seems like that would make that particular task more difficult...

So I'm not completely certain about making that change by default, I'll have to think about that one a bit and about the possible negative side effects.

However, I have included here a customized version of the Sweep command that deselects the sweep rail like you want - if you copy this version over top of the old version inside of the current v2 beta's \commands folder, then your version of MoI should behave like that.

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2435.3 In reply to 2435.2 
Michael,
Will that command work with a different name so I can use both?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2435.4 In reply to 2435.3 
Hi Burr, sure that will work, just make sure to also copy the Sweep.htm file to a different name along with it, they need to be paired.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Wow, thanks Michael!

Works great! But yes, I have not thought about it in depth and have to agree as well that there are strong points to keep all components involved selected.
Maybe it would be possible to shift-finish-click this behavior. Or something similar which fit's into the UI philosophy?!
I can see that both options are equally valuable. Now I can't decide which one is more beneficial myself hahaha.
R
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All