How to make an array of holes?
 1-2  3-22  23-24

Previous
Next
2434.23 In reply to 2434.22 
Hi Leonard, I have tuned Fillet up now for the next v2 beta, so that it can handle smaller radius values better.

When the radius gets small enough to approach fitting tolerance, it will now automatically adjust the tolerance to be tighter relative to the radius, so fillets with small values (for example 0.005, 0.001, etc...) will work better in the next beta without needing the "scale objects up" manual workaround anymore.

But putting in a whole lot of little tiny fillets will still increase the model complexity (in file size and memory consumption) by quite a lot though, so that is still something to take into account.

If the fillet is going to be very very small on the screen on the final renders, you might want to put a chamfer in there instead of a fillet - it will look about the same if it is really tiny in the render but will have quite a bit less increase in complexity and in final polygon count too.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2434.24 In reply to 2434.23 
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the news. App updates in real time - new to me. :)

I agree with chamfer ILO fillets or no treatment. With no budget or schedule, it is for when it does matter. The app lures one to questionable and undisciplined behavior. (Fault transfer. ;) )

Thanks for the good works,

Leonard
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-2  3-22  23-24