More about price

Next
Hi Michael and all ...

I think an upgrade price of $100 is very reasonable ... roughly half the price of the original purchase price and only 1/3 of the V2 price. Very fair.

And again, when the V2 to V3 upgrade becomes available another half price upgrade would be fair and reasonable ... but I agree with others that beyond that level there is considerable competition and by then I think some good built in 2d tools will become essential. And, Michael, I do think offering a 'lite' version is a very good idea. A good basic modeler (like v1) as you suggest.

But right now my heart bleeds wishing for layering. I am doing a pretty complex architectural modeling job as part of an overall commission and can't really use MoI for it ... sob! :)

But, be sure to get some sleep, Michael ... and ...... breathe ......

cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2407.2 In reply to 2407.1 
By the time V3 and V4 are complete, for 500 hundred dollars, nothing else will be able to touch it (Unless you want to talk about 5000 or 25,000.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2407.3 In reply to 2407.1 
Hi Eric,

> And again, when the V2 to V3 upgrade becomes available
> another half price upgrade would be fair and reasonable ...

Actually I think I will be targeting another $100 upgrade for that one as well, so at that point it will actually be less than 1/2 the full price.

I think in the v3 timeframe I will be adding some of those annotation type tools which should be useful for you.

Also don't forget that I am still adding stuff in to v2 as well! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All