camera clipping plane?

Next
I have a scene that i have been messing around with the units in when testing importing PDFs - which now works great. Im working in mm so the scene is quite large compared to the moi default so i have adjusted the grid to show every 100mm. However when i zoom in there appears to be a camera clipping plane that cuts through the object as i move closer and hides it to the camera. Is there a way to reset the camera so this doesn't happen? Ive tried saving and restarting moi but that didn't work.

Cheers for any help on this.......also good to know i can import clean dwgs (via archicad and saving as a PDF - also curves are recognised! Bonus!) Just need that layer system now!!!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2365.2 In reply to 2365.1 
Hello,

Try the zoom "area"
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2365.3 In reply to 2365.1 
Hi rhodesy, like Manz mentions Zoom Area (on the faint toolbar at the bottom of a viewport) can help with this because it makes it easier to focus in on a specific point. Otherwise it is kind of easy to sort of slide past a point.

With Zoom area, the first point you pick will become the center of the view and also become the "target" point that you pivot and zoom about.

Then after that to do a kind of "fine grained" zoom try using the zoom button on that same toolbar (click and hold down the mouse button on it and slide up or down a little bit with the button still held down). That can do a kind of more subtle zoom than the scroll wheel if you only move your mouse a small distance.

Another option in v2 is to set the 3D view to have a "Parallel" view projection, which should be immune to this clipping problem. To do that go to Options / View / 3D View Projection: and switch it to Paralllel.

The way that 3D graphics cards work requires a near clipping plane to be set up when doing a perspective projection, and one side effect from the way they function is that the resolution of the depth buffer gets pretty bad if the near plane is set to be too tiny, so it is not really an easy thing to fix in a perspective 3D view without causing some problems for drawing the stuff further behind in the scene...

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2365.4 In reply to 2365.3 
Thanks I'll give it a go.
  Reply Reply More Options