Move Tool Palette

Next
Ok, I've looked everywhere and maybe I'm missing something. I see screen shots with the icons on the left of the window. How do you do this? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere in MOI but, for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks guys,
Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2313.2 In reply to 2313.1 
Only on the beta 2.0
Menu Options/ General / Side Pane Position / (left/right)

I don't remember if Michael or other wizards had made a little command for put this in the V 1.0

EDITED: 10 Jan 2009 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2313.3 In reply to 2313.2 
Hi Pilou for v1.0 it is possible by editing the MainWindowLayout.xml file which is in the \ui subfolder inside of MoI's main installation folder.

The second line of the file that says:
<LayoutPanel dock="right">

can be changed to

<LayoutPanel dock="left">

to make that happen in v1.0

But in v2 it is easier with that checkbox setting under Options / General / Side pane position like you mentioned.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2313.4 In reply to 2313.3 
Sweet,

I tell you what Michael. This whole CNC experience has nothing but awesome for me. I purchased my CNC machine from a dealer that sells MOI as well. Nick recommended I give this app 'a look'. I have to say, the folks who sold me my machine are the exact same way as you and the folks here. A high level of involvement with the customers regarding just about anything with the products. Now, if I could just find a CAM package that was just as good, I would have the 'trifecta'. haha

P.S. I notice that everything is in JavaScript. That is wicked sweet! I'm wondering what the core platform this app is built upon. I understand if it's a secret but I'm a software engineer and use JavaScript every single day. I'm curious as 'all get out' over this thing. If you guys ever decide to put an API or 'JavaDoc' together to let folks like me extend or modify it, let me know. I know there are lots of folks modifying it but solid documentation would be awesome. haha I understand that documentation takes a lot of time from you. So, that was not an actual request. If someone IS documenting things and needs help, let me know. :)

Thanks again,
Matt
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2313.5 In reply to 2313.4 
Hi Matt, I'm glad you're off to a great start with CNC-ing!

> I'm wondering what the core platform this app is built upon.

It's basically a combo of C++ for some "core" services, like drawing stuff on the screen, etc... And then JavaScript for kind of controlling the services at a high level to make commands.

A command controls stuff like when to ask for a point, when to show or hide some UI, when to ask to select an object, etc....

The JavaScript part basically controls things like the flow of the command but calls back into C++ services for various number-crunching type work.

I do plan on doing some work in the future to document the way that scripts work, but it will probably be a while before I'll be able to focus on that, there are just too many sort of "basic end-user" type functions that I'm trying to iron out first before I can focus effort on programmatic type usage.

The closest thing currently to documentation is the moi.idl file which contains a listing of all the properties and methods that are available to be called from a script, there is a link to download that here: http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2313.6 In reply to 2313.4 
Hi MattGatten,

>> find a CAM package