delete

Next
Hi Michael ...

It would sure be more convenient for me if the delete button were in the right panel ... I seem to use it a lot and it means pulling the mouse cursor all the way across the monitor to the left when I have become accustomed to most of the buttons being on my right while I work.

It is a small issue and I know I could add ctrl D or something for my left hand which rests mostly on the left edge of the keyboard while I am working.

By the way, the more I use MoI, the more I realize how easy the work flow actually is ... loud cheers!

eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2303.2 In reply to 2303.1 
Hi Eric,

For what it's worth I use the "x" key for delete.
Close to the left and easy to remember...

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2303.3 In reply to 2303.1 
Hi Eric, yeah that one can be a bit awkward. I tend to use the Delete key shortcut for that mostly myself.

One problem with moving it is that typically in many programs Delete seems to be nearby Undo/Redo, so from a kind of "discoverability" and "expected location" type standpoint, I'm not quite sure about breaking those up. But then bringing all of those together into the side pane makes it hard to fit them in without making the Edit pane really much larger than the other ones... That's one reason how they ended up down there. Also another concept for putting them down there was that they would always be available at the top level UI regardless of which palette was active on the side panes. But I'm getting less worried about that part as time goes on.

So anyway, I'm not quite sure about flipping that around right now, but I'll try to think about it more for some future plans.

In the future I also want to add the ability to let you re-arrange buttons to your own preferences, but it will probably be a while yet before I'm able to work on that.

But yeah, probably if you use a keyboard shortcut for that one, it will help kind of smooth out your workflow in the current version though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Yes, the x key seems to be a convenient one ...
and, Michael, it would be nice to be able to relocate buttons sometime in the future :)
cheers,
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
""Hi Eric,

For what it's worth I use the "x" key for delete.
Close to the left and easy to remember...

Marc""

Me too! I got it from blender, as well as space to maximize view or revert to 4 views, and also A to unselect, H to hide, L to select all curves. Speeds up a lot of the common operations.
I also assigned:
Shift+A to tag Grid Snap
Shift+S to tag Straight Snap
Shift+D to tag Object Snap

So while am moving/scaling/rotating something I can tag between all three. Without interrupting my work flow.

lol sometimes I get to where I want to be without realizing it, so I end up doing the same operation twice.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2303.6 In reply to 2303.5 
Good tricks Val!

Marc
  Reply Reply More Options