shade-shadow

Next
Hi Michael ...

At some angles the shadow side becomes dense black on my screen. Is it possible to control this or can the surfaces be a little more transparent?

cheers
eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2301.2 In reply to 2301.1 
Hi Eric - it is possible to set up a key to flip the light direction to an alternate one. That can help if the spot you want to work in is too dark currently.

To set this up, go to Options / Shortcut keys, push Add to add a new blank entry.

Put whatever you want in the "Key" column, like L for instance for it to get triggered when you hit the L key.

Then in the Command column paste in this script (this is all one long line):

script:var dir = moi.view.lightDirection; if ( dir.x == 1 && dir.y == 1 && dir.z == -1 ) { dir.set(-0.5,1,0); } else { dir.set(1,1,-1); } moi.view.lightDirection = dir;

With that set up, then whenever you hit L (or whichever key you assigned), the light will flip between 2 different directions. Each direction will have dark regions but they will be in different areas between the 2 of them so that can help out.

Later on I'm planning on having some other kinds of lighting setups as well, but for now that is what you can do.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2301.3 In reply to 2301.2 
Dont forget about the camera light (my favorite)!

script:var dir = moi.view.lightDirection; if ( dir.x == 1 && dir.y == 1 && dir.z == -1 ) { dir.set(0,1,0); } else { dir.set(1,1,-1); } moi.view.lightDirection = dir;

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=1954.7
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Great! Thanks!
eric
  Reply Reply More Options