Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2283.2 In reply to 2283.1 
Hi Paolo, most of the time the way .swf files will work is that there is some other service that you upload the video to, and then there is an "embed" code that you can paste into a message here to display the video inline.

For an example of that, see here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2042.25

It also should be possible to upload a .swf file as an attachment here instead of to another service, to do that you will need to enter in the embed HTML code yourself. You'll need to get the address of the attachment file - to do that after you upload it, right click on the link for it and choose "Copy link location" to copy the address to the clipboard, then you can paste it into where it needs to go.

The HTML code you enter for showing an embedded video is like this:

<embed src="your_attachment_address_here" quality="high" width="801" height="601" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" scale="showall" />

Replace the "your_attachment_address_here" spot with the address of your particular uploaded attachment, and replace the width and height with the actual width and height of your video.

Please let me know if that does not work for you!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2283.3 In reply to 2283.2 
Hi Michael,

Now it's more clear to me how to do it

The only problem i have to solve is,how to make
a clickable image, linking the .swf file

Thanks,
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2283.4 In reply to 2283.3 
Hi Paolo,

> The only problem i have to solve is,how to make
> a clickable image, linking the .swf file

I think that normally using the <embed> code, the first frame of the .swf file should be displayed inside the Flash media player already, I don't think you have to set up a separate image which does need to be done for some other kinds of movie files like WMV for instance.

Please let me know if you have any problems and I will try to figure out what might not be working right.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2283.5 In reply to 2283.4 
Hi Michael,

Sorry no result ,

I attached the HTML + .swf to the last message in
tread: 'question about networks', but only the link
seat.swf.html shows up which works well

EDITED: 2 Jan 2009 by PAOLOLOBBIA

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2283.6 In reply to 2283.5 
Hi Paolo, I'm not quite sure why the .swf does not show up in the attachment list, because it seems to be there...

But you will not want to upload the .html file if you want to make the video display directly inside of the message, instead you need to take the contents of that HTML file and paste that HTML code directly into the message editor window for your forum post.

For example if you open up seat.swf.html in notepad, you will see some HTML code. There is one line in there that starts with <EMBED> - copy that line and paste it directly into your message body, same as the text that you normally type in for a message (rather than as an attachment).

So for example in this case enter this text:

<EMBED src="http://moi3d.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=MOI&hash=c040804e58f460551bf19b7673467a68&filename=seat.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#ffffff WIDTH="605" HEIGHT="595" NAME="seat.swf" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

But the only problem is that these flash videos can be rather large in size, and there is a limit of like 50MB for each person to upload attachments to the forum. If you do several videos you will pretty quickly fill up your entire allotment so you may need to upload them to some other video service instead.

Anyway, if you enter that text above into your message, it should make the flash player show up directly inside of your message post, like this:

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2283.7 In reply to 2283.6 
Hi Michael,

>> directly into your message body