A suggest for distance mark

Next
Hi,Michael. I keep watching with MOI a period. It is a amusing software really. with using the tool, I hope there was a distance (or angle) mark when I move or rotate object. And If the value can be modified after my moving ,that will be perfect.

pls see the pic I attached.
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
225.2 In reply to 225.1 
When you move or rotate an object, check out the distance and angle controls near the bottom of the screen:

These display the distance and angle of the current point from the base point.

You can also enter values there, so if you want to constrain the next point to be 4 units away from the previous one, click down there and enter 4, and you will activate the constraint. (you can also most of the type just type in "4"). Similarly if you want to control the angle for one pick, click in the angle box and enter a value and it will lock to those angles for that pick.

Is that the type of thing that you were looking for?

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
225.3 In reply to 225.2 
am, I see,. I can use the function.But I still want a mark in view when I am working. I feel it would be more obvious, Right? I know Cinema4d offers the mark in view. That helps me have a mind directly with the value and what I am drawing.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 225.4 deleted 20 Nov 2006 by SE7ENTH

Previous
Next
225.5 In reply to 225.3 
> I feel it would be more obvious, Right?

It would definitely be more obvious, but that can cause a different problem in itself... Too much stuff on the screen can end up getting in the way and cluttering the view if you're not interested in seeing it right then.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a terrible thing, just that there are a few other issues involved.

> That helps me have a mind directly with the value and what I am drawing.

I took a look at Cinema4D, and it didn't seem to appear when drawing things such as splines. Does it appear when drawing new things, or only when moving things?

I also couldn't seem to click on it to set it to a specific value, is there a way to do that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
225.6 In reply to 225.3 

Maybe this can help you too :)

With Move function
Select Object
Clic "base point" with drag without release any times you want
(that draw some helpers lines)
Clic release valids the "base point"
now you can direct draw the object at the "end point" move if you Clic release
or ...Clic move without release for more helper lines for the "end point" :)
Amazing isn't it?

PS And pressing the little "white icone" on the helper line, you can also move the helper line it self !
What do you want more? :)

EDITED: 20 Nov 2006 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi, I am back.

>Pilou: Maybe this can help you too :)

Thank you Pilou, I have tried the function and it's very cool!

>Michael: I took a look at Cinema4D, and it didn't seem to appear when drawing things such as splines. Does it appear when drawing new things, or only when moving things?

it appear in C4D only when moving things. Drawing lines in C4D is a terrible thing, but it is easy to modify it ,moving and rotating, I can do those just in 3D view. The display mark and axis lock is very useful. And when you press Shift moving and rotating, the values will take a step with 10 or 5.

>You can also enter values there, so if you want to constrain the next point to be 4 units away from the previous one, click down there and enter 4, and you will activate the constraint. (you can also most of the type just type in "4"). Similarly if you want to control the angle for one pick, click in the angle box and enter a value and it will lock to those angles for that pick.

I feel that's enough. I am studying the move tool. I just suggest to add a option in UI control. (In fact ,I feel the options control is too simple. ) If I can open the mark in normal dragging operation (original palce, distance,angle) , It's wonderful.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
225.8 In reply to 225.7 
> I feel that's enough. I am studying the move tool. I just suggest to add
> a option in UI control. (In fact ,I feel the options control is too simple. )
> If I can open the mark in normal dragging operation (original palce,
> distance,angle) , It's wonderful.

Hi 7th, I have fixed this up for the next beta release.

In the next release, it will be possible to enter a distance constraint during a dragging operation. The way it will work is that during the drag, you can keep the mouse button down and move the mouse off the view and down to the bottom toolbar. When your mouse is over the toolbar, you can then release the button and you will still be in drag mode but then you can click on the distance control to enter a constraint value there. Same thing for the angle control.

This used to work back in an older version, but it got broken due to some other changes. I've now fixed it up so it will work again for the next beta.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what you were asking for.

Eventually I do plan on adding some other rotation and scaling tools, sort of like an object frame or something (which would probably be closer to what you are used to in C4D), but it will probably be a while before I will be able to work on that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All