Feature request and a few other questions
All  1-10  11-13

Previous
Next
2249.11 In reply to 2249.6 
<It tends to be difficult for me to know in advance how long it will take to finish any particular piece. It usually takes me a while longer than I initially expect to drive it to a high level of quality and not have many bugs, have a nice UI design, etc... So it just tends to be pretty easy for any guess at a timeframe to just be wrong, sorry! But my current guess would be maybe 2 weeks for the next beta and final v2 sometime around March or so.

I guess I could put one out earlier than that if you would like a version that crashed a lot and generally didn't behave well... Do you think that would be better to have stuff out quicker but less quality?>

Hi Michael ...

My two cents ... quality / not quicker.
There is nothing much more frustrating that a really buggy beta. True that a beta is a beta and there are always opportunities for improvements or the fixing of the unexpected but I prefer that betas and releases be as bug free as possible.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for being so responsive to your users,

eric
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2249.12 In reply to 2249.1 
Dan:

>>Question 1: When offsetting a curve, such as ellipse or freeform, the resulting new
>>curve has so many more control points, especially along the tighter bends, even though
>>the newer curve doesn’t seem to be that much more complex than the original. I can often
>>delete many of these “extra” control points without any perceivable effect on the curve at all.
>>Why? I’m just curious. If the answer is too complex you need not answer.

Something to try :- Extrude a surface from the base curve, offset the surface, then copy/paste extract the edge you need. This is a long winded way of offsetting the base curve but often reduces point count. Another option would be to model using line/arcs if possible this will help your case dramatically and keeps geometry much simpler for further feature editing ;-) (Micheal is 'simplify curve' or the list?)

EDITED: 15 Dec 2008 by KARTER

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2249.13 In reply to 2249.12 
A future Forum post?

" A survey of the UI options available in the current version of MoI indicate that 90% of MoI users prefer the, highly acclaimed, 2008, "Brian" collection.

The survey also found 10% of MoI users did not know UI options existed."

Brian
(Always hoping for my 5 minutes of fame!)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-10  11-13