New tools for MoI

Next
Hi Michael

I am using MoI as a companion to Rhino. I enjoy using it, there are a few things that would make it work better for me.

1- A better display mode. ie like using rhinos environment maps. doesnt have to be complex just a few basic colours. It makes it a lot easier to see the quality of your surfaces. I end up copying and pasting into rhino to check. which is not ideal. please see the attached picture (modelled in moi, realtime envronment map screengrab from rhino.

2- curvature graph would be really handy. I know MoI is pitched as easy to learn and this could add complexity, but it also brings awareness of the importance of good curves in making surfaces.

3- spliting surfaces with isoparm would also be handy.

Of course the object properties underway is eagerly anticipated. Keep up with the great work. I think the forum with your support is worth the price of the programme on its own.

Jamie

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2208.2 In reply to 2208.1 
Hi Jamie, thanks for your feedback on MoI!

I do expect to get all the things you mentioned there into MoI eventually, but it will probably take a while for it to be all completed.

At first the object properties stuff is going to be focused more on just a basic matte color intended for doing more visual grouping type tasks, not really for quality inspection type purposes yet.

Over time there will be more properties added in there to control more kinds of things, but that probably won't happen until v3 and beyond.

One other idea is that I'd like to make a drop-down control under the View section that would let you temporarily override the display of everything to get some different visual styles for quality analysis, and then return to regular colors by switching the display mode back to normal. That would be something like a Display mode: dropdown that had entries like "Normal", "Shiny blue", "Emap", "Zebra", ... But again this is somewhat unlikely to be ready for v2 though.

Splitting by isoparm is more likely to come sooner than the other parts though.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All