Request - A tube tool with on surface offset.
 1-4  5-24  25-33

Previous
Next
2187.25 In reply to 2187.23 
Hi PaQ, the best it looks like I can do for scripting with the current version is something that will set the distance constraint for you with a keypress, so that once you start dragging a construction line you can strike a key and have a distance applied to it, rather than needing to type in in over and over again.

This will do that:

script:var pp = moi.ui.getActivePointPicker(); if ( pp ) pp.setDistanceConstraint( 1.0 );

The way that works, is you start dragging a construction line and have it along the surface normal straight snap, while you still have the mouse button held down, strike that shortcut key to apply the distance constraint, and then release your mouse button to finish the construction line.

Then move your mouse to find the "end" snap on the construction line that will be 1 unit along it from the surface.

You can probably execute that sequence pretty quickly.

You'll probably accumulate a lot of construction lines on the screen with that method. You can also set up another key to erase all construction lines (without exiting your current draw command) by setting up this shortcut:

script:var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; gd.removeObjects( gd.getObjects().getConstructionLines() );

It should be possible for me to add some more things to be available for scripting for the next beta to actually position the offset point all in one shot with a keystroke I think, I will see about adding that stuff in but that won't help until the next beta.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.26 In reply to 2187.25 
Script language is some fascinating as condensation ideas for create a result in a few time!
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.27 In reply to 2187.12 
Michael,
How did you move the center point of the rotate widget. I'm stuck here. It looks like you drag it but i drag the whole object.
Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.28 In reply to 2187.27 
I'm sorry I got it, Ckick and let go! It's not a drag.

Thanks,
Burr

[EDIT]
WOOOOOOW!
[EDIT]
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.29 In reply to 2187.28 
Hi Burr - yup, click and let go on the rotate grip initially to switch to "wheel mode".

Once you are in wheel mode then that center point stays on and you can go grab it and reposition it.

While in wheel mode dragging on a wheel will do a rotation, and clicking somewhere out off of a wheel exits the mode.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.30 In reply to 2187.29 
Hi Michael, thanks a lot for the script, quite handy ... but do not waste to much of your time in this.
It's still takes me to much time, whatever the method : the tangant construction line method, or the circle along curve one.

At the end, it takes the same time (or even more) than using the standard method, and editing every control by hand to adjust the rope intersection.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Great discussion, guys. I've been using LWCAD v3 to assist with my similar piping needs. That's means I have to depend on getting my models into LW (cleanly) to continue my work...

Anything to assist with these piping tasks within MOI is certain appreciated!

-Will
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2187.32 In reply to 2187.31 
Well the job Im working is also rendering with lightwave :P ... a bit to late to learn/use/buy for lwcad too :(

I wish a could place 100 of them, but I will not have the time ->

EDITED: 3 Feb 2010 by PAQ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2187.33 In reply to 2187.32 
I was wondering how come and you spot all the bugs in MoI, now I know, eager to see it finished...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-4  5-24  25-33