Point Data
All  1  2-5

Previous
Next
2184.2 In reply to 2184.1 
Hi Burr, a point that you create with the point command (Draw curve / More / Point) is an object on its own.

The points that you see when you turn on edit points are different than that though and are not a full independent object that can have their own individual settings.

Probably setting the color of a point object will set the color of the outer edge of the point (the part that is black now) and probably the control points of a curve or surface will use the color of that curve or surface.

I'm not sure though if you are talking about rendering it inside the viewport in MoI or whether you're talking about exporting it to a rendering program.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2184.3 In reply to 2184.2 
I just did some array deals with a point created with the point tool and was wonderig about rendering them outside of MoI. Mostly just some cool effect things. I started imagining a command that would allow me to apply a shape to the point??? then thought just make and array the shape. then I thought capturing the point from an existing object (a different kind of point you just told me) and being able to apply shapes to it(a kind of mosaic tool), Then I realized I was nuts and just posted the question previously asked.

Can that point be resized? and then have points when seperated?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2184.4 In reply to 2184.3 
Hi Burr, I think Petr made a custom command for copying a particular object to an existing set of points. It sounds like that should do the job that you want there, check it out: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#CopyToPoints

A point is kind of an infinitely small location in space with no width or length, so you can't scale it. If you want something that you can scale to be bigger, you should use a circle or a disc type surface instead of a point.

For rendering programs, it is not very normal to send single points (rather than polygon vertices) in to those, some programs do have a special method for rendering particle systems though, you might do a search on "particle system" to see if you can get any more information on that.

Petr also has some commands on that page for importing or exporting points to a point list file, those may help with the kind of stuff that you're talking about:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#ImportPointFile
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SavePointFile

Hope this helps!

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2184.5 In reply to 2184.4 
Thanks for the time. probably wont be using paracloud anytime soon!

Burr
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-5