Skp export setting request

Next
Just started testing V2. I like it already...
The SketchUp export is great, but could you make the default settings limit the smallest triangle size so that all faces will be created.
SketchUp won't create a face if the triangle is too small, but I don't know how big it needs to be. Here is a small image showing the problem, and as you can se the same shape when exported at a biger size from MoI will not have the holes that were present in the original export.

Thanks,
Sheik
Image Attachments:
Size: 176.8 KB, Downloaded: 67 times, Dimensions: 816x513px
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2180.2 In reply to 2180.1 
Hi Sheik, thanks for testing the SKP export!

Can you please post the .3dm model file for that object, or e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com ?

That would help me to test and see what I might be able to do.

I don't think that it will actually be possible for me to avoid small triangles in every single possible situation - like for example what if you draw a small rectangle surface that is of that size just all on its own?

It seems like it is a limitation of SketchUp that it is not set up to handle smaller sized details I guess.

But yes I may be able to set a default "avoid smaller than" size for SKP export that could help when exporting curved surfaces like you show there.

If I can get the .3dm file that you show that will give me a reliable test case that I can work with.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2180.3 In reply to 2180.2 
Sent to your e-mail...
  Reply Reply More Options