MoIV2 Beta Nov-21-2008 Questions
 1-19  20-39  40-59  60-79  80-86

Previous
Next
2168.60 In reply to 2168.59 
The key board options don't!

And, I am not interested in complex methods to reinstate.

Sorry. I exist one day at a time. (LW9.5 is in the rubbish bin)
I should not need to call on the likes of Burr to be my saviour.

Brian

Being odious---3DC is on it's 41st V3 Beta update since Sept 16th----have not had to do a single "Brian".
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.61 In reply to 2168.60 
Hi Brian,

Do you mean none of your shortcuts work at all?

For example one is setup for for Delete key = Delete function.

Does pushing the Delete key work for you or is that not working?

It looks like you have a whole bunch of keyboard shortcuts set up for numerous custom plugins, though - those are probably the ones that are not working for you since you probably do not have any of those plugins installed into the new beta.

I kind of wonder what you do with all those plugins in the first place? I mean each of them was created to help someone with a particular specialized problem, are you running into all of those specialized problems on a regular basis?

> Being odious---3DC is on it's 41st V3 Beta update since
> Sept 16th----have not had to do a single "Brian".

Did you also install a bunch of custom plugins and customize the UI for 3DC as well?

It seems like you get frustrated with new beta releases since they don't contain your customizations.

I'd recommend staying away from the new betas and instead sticking with v1 which is all set up as you want, correct?

Once v2 is all wrapped up and I'm not churning out new versions of it, I will be happy to help you get the final v2 all set up for you.

But I'm sorry I just do not have the time available to support customized installations on every single beta release. If you're not able to apply your customizations to each beta yourself you will need to wait until the betas are over before I will be able to help you with them.

I mean I wish I had more hours in the day to help every individual person set up a custom version of MoI just specifically for their individual needs, but I just flat out do not have enough time available for that.

If none of that works for you, then it sounds like MoI is probably not meeting your needs properly and you may want to switch to a different program that works better for you.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.62 In reply to 2168.61 
Michael

1. Should I have to go through all the list of keyboard functions listed, when opening of the current version of MoI, to confirm which work? Have you/anyone checked? None of the Nudge, big or small, seem to work?

2.Basically, on the Keyboard Shortcuts, as they seem to be set up?, I don't see why I should have to have a mental thing in mind that--This is a function---This is a "Plugin"
(That current list is a combination of what I had and which Burr provided before---I think!----does it matter?)

3. I only get frustrated with Beta releases which don't retain the modifications which I have instigated previously.
The various beta releases--even most updates-- I have been involved with, seem to only modify the "changes" of the app parts----all my inserts/files saves/ sundry being retained in the up date? (Have I been spoilt?)

Sorry--think of me as the "Devils Advocate!"----how many people, at the younger age computer compatability, may be having similar, unexpressed, "why's"!

I wish I make it to Xmas----that I will make it to the actual release of V2 is not yet on my radar!
(What I think/say has no revelance other than it may open minds to potentials of thought.--)

Brian (grumble/grumble!)

My wife loves me---I think! (55years on Jan 16th!)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.63 In reply to 2168.62 
Hi Brian,

> 1. Should I have to go through all the list of keyboard functions
> listed, when opening of the current version of MoI, to confirm
> which work? Have you/anyone checked? None of the Nudge, big
> or small, seem to work?

Actually, it would be good to focus just on Nudge - can you confirm that Nudge works as you want in your installation of MoI v1?

That would be good for me to know if it works for you in v1 but not in v2.

I did just do a quick test of Nudge over here and it worked fine for me in the latest beta. Of course, you have to install it first before it will run, if it is not installed into v2's \commands folder, it will not be found by the new installation and will not run. I suspect that is what is happening in your situation - you have probably installed the plugin for v1 but have not yet installed it for v2.

The listing on the keyboard shortcut just tells MoI which command to run when that key is pressed - if the command's script file is not present inside of the \commands folder, then nothing will run.

> how many people, at the younger age computer compatability, may
> be having similar, unexpressed, "why's"!

For this particular issue you mean?

It's hard to place a number on it, the level of unexpression seems to be pretty high since I've only really heard it described as a big problem from just you! :)

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.64 In reply to 2168.63 
Michael

The basic nudge works ok in V1 but not in this current V2 beta!

I have not installed, changed anything with the current V2 Beta---exactly installed as downloaded.

I am an athiest!----hope you can giggle over that for an hour or three!

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 2168.65 deleted 26 Aug 2011 by BURRMAN

Previous
Next
2168.66 In reply to 2168.64 
Hi Brian, it sounds like there may be a bug in v2.

Remember v2 is a beta release and not a finished version so it would not be very strange to have a bug in it!

Since you say that Nudge is working properly in v1 then for now you may need to switch to v1 when you need to do Nudging, that would be an immediate solution to your Nudge problem.

It is a good idea to keep v1 around so that you can use it when you run into any bugs or problems in v2!

But probably the specific thing that is making V2's Nudge not work is that you haven't installed that custom command into V2 yet.

If you go to the \commands folder in V1's program files folder, you will probably find a file there named Nudge.js which you had added in to your v1 installation earlier at some point.

If you copy that Nudge.js file into the V2 beta's \commands folder, that will probably fix up your v2 to do Nudging as well I think.

Can you try copying that file over, and let me know if that makes Nudging work on your v2 installation after that?

If so, then that would let me be more sure of what the problem is.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.67 In reply to 2168.64 
Brian,
Extract these files and put them in your Commands folder of the new beta release.

MoI 2.0 beta Nov-21-2008

Remember to re-visit this video on how and where to copy.

http://www.i386group.com/moi/b/for_brian.htm

Just do the "Command" files. Not the sidepane part, we already did that.

Also remember the new folder name as above, not the "sept" one.

EDITED: 26 Aug 2011 by BURRMAN

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Just my 2 cents.
I'm talking about standard scripts and assigning keyboard shortcuts to them here.

All the keyboard shortcut assignments are saved in the moi.ini file, right ? then when I install the new beta release, I uninstall the previous beta and what ever is left in the 'commands' directory are all the extra scripts that I had put in, so it is a matter of cut n paste those into the new just installed beta 'commands' dir and presto everything is as it was.

Am I missing something here with this subject ?

---------
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.69 In reply to 2168.68 
Hi Danny, you've got it all correct there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.70 In reply to 2168.68 
All the file copying and saving and moving is confusing for Brian. I tried to make it easy but fear I just made it worse.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.71 In reply to 2168.70 
Michael
I am somewhat confused at the .66 post. Sorry.

Burr
Your original downloads for this current beta did not install. I have been in the "wait for V2 final" mode you suggested.
NOT a Brian thing--as I said,---- (will I be alive for V2?!!!!)

I will double check/install from that current post.

Danny
That particular cut/past principle you suggest is not a mode of thinking that I have ever experienced before (remembered!!!!).
I am trying to open the thought that, potentially, the major customers of apps , the mid/lower user level, are not conversant with all this--rigmarole!

Fingers crossed for Burrs's solution.

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.72 In reply to 2168.71 
Hi Brian,

> I am somewhat confused at the .66 post. Sorry.

How about one step at a time:

1. Can you locate the MoI v1 folder in the regular Windows system file browser?

2. Can you locate the "commands" folder that is underneath it?

3. Can you locate the file Nudge.js that is inside that commands subfolder?

4. Try copying that Nudge.js file to the other \commands folder underneath your v2 installation folder.

After you follow those steps, does that make Nudge work for you on your version 2.0 beta, or do you still see a problem after that?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Message 2168.73 deleted 25 Nov 2008 by BURRMAN

Previous
Next
2168.74 In reply to 2168.71 
Burr

Sorry.
I have just reread/viewed that little video again.
Maybe my health has deteriorated hugely lately?

Part way through the vid I ask--why the hell does my mate have the need to go to all this trouble for me--then, further in to it, I ask WHY would he or I need to know all this bs in the first place?

Forget it all. (I am of no importance)

Thanks for the help mate.

Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.75 In reply to 2168.74 
Brian,
Seek above all for a game worth playing. Having found that game, play it with intensity. play it as though your life and sanity depend upon it! (They do!) Take the advice of the French existentialists and flourish a banner bearing the word "Engagment!".

For it must be clear, even to the most clouded intelligence, that ANY game is better than NO GAME AT ALL! (Quote from a book)

Love to have you around the forum my friend.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.76 In reply to 2168.75 
Burr

Now THAT put me in my place!
Great mate!

Ahhhh--but will it work?

Brian
(Mother came in whilst was typing this and asked why I was laughing and wiping the tears from my eyes!)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.77 In reply to 2168.76 
Hi Brian, are you still stuck?

To tell you the truth, I'm really surprised that you're having so much trouble with this - the whole thing is about copying a few files from one folder to another folder.... That's it...

I've seen you get a whole lot of productive work done on your computer - have you done all of that without knowing how to copy a file from one folder to another?

It's just surprising to me that you would get so far with other types of work but not be comfortable with some really basic and fundamental file management stuff.

Probably the absolutely most simple way to get it done is I could write a small program for you that would handle copying the files between those folders for you. Maybe that will solve this and we will be able to end this discussion then.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2168.78 In reply to 2168.76 
Hi Brian, I've attached a small program here: ScriptCopierForBrian.exe

If you download it and run it, it will copy any custom plugin scripts that you had installed in v1 into the current Nov-21 v2 beta.

That should work to make your keyboard shortcuts for all those plugins work in the current v2 beta after that.

This is the absolute most simple method that I can think of to make it work for you.

It is just basically a wrapper for copying a few files over from the v1 folder to the v2 folder. I'm still very surprised that you consider copying files from one folder to another to be such a difficult task. How did you get this far on the computer without picking that up? That is a mystery to me since you are doing quite well with all these 3D programs.

Anyway I hope that you will be all set up after this. If not then I guess I give up!!! :)

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
Hi Michael,

I know you're limited with ui real estate but is it possible in the new object properties panel that when you pick a surface or face to state what kind of surface it is e.g. planar, b-surface,revolved, extruded, etc?

---------
~Danny~
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-19  20-39  40-59  60-79  80-86