Display units like m,cm and mm

Next
Coming from Modo, I miss having some visual clues of the size of everything. In modo you have always some units diplayed, like the size of the grid, down in the right hand corner. They are dynamic, and change depending on size of scene and how much you zoom.
Is there chance that this could be added as an option?

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2131.2 In reply to 2131.1 
Hi J.O. -

I think that you've got a couple of different requests in here.

One part is about the grid changing dynamically and having its size show in the viewport corner, is that correct?

Usually I find that the grid dynamically changing size at different zoom level tends to really impair my own ability to judge the size of things, because normally I do that by looking at the object in relation to the grid.

I suppose that is why they added that readout in the corner in Modo, to try and counteract some of that disorientation.

But when the grid stays fixed at a known size, then there is no disorientation to have to try and counteract...

I can see adding this in as an optional thing that could be enabled, but that will probably be a while before I can get to that one.

But then I think you've got another thing requested there which is some labels for the current unit system, like cm, mm, m after a numeric input field.

That part I think should be feasible to add in much sooner, I will take a look at doing that one soon.

Additionally you may be interested in the recent discussion about possibly having a readout that displays the selected object's size here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2127.43

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2131.3 In reply to 2131.2 
Hi Michael.

Depending on the size of the object and where the "camera" is placed, the dynamic grid can be confusing. I donĀ“t need that, but the labels would be nice. :)

Thanks!
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All