Object properties progress
 1-15  16-35  36-55  56-57

Previous
Next
2127.56 In reply to 2127.55 
Hi Tony - nVidia has a kind of multi-monitor helper app called nView which is probably running on your machine.

I'm pretty sure that is the thing moving MoI's window around.

On this nView feature page here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_8400.html :

quote:

Window Management

* Window control and repositioning
  • Prevent windows from opening off-screen
  • Enable/disable window from spanning across displays
  • Snap windows to display edges
  • Open windows on a specific screen

* Dialog box repositioning

Probably in your system tray there may be a little icon which says "Nview" when you move over it, you can probably click, double-click, or right-click on that to get at some options.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2127.57 In reply to 2127.56 
Well I've been through all my nvidia settings and nothing changes the behaviour. I've had nview on and off. I found the setting:

>> Enable/disable window from spanning across displays

but this just stops windows from going onto the second monitor if off or allows them to be dragged if on. I have no problem dragging the window to the second screen.

My only problem comes if I lock the computer - either with 'Windows Key + L' or when the screensaver kicks in.

Screensaver with no lock/password keeps the window where it should be, partially over onto the second screen. On the other hand, panels/palletes from Photoshop, Fireworks and Modo stay where they should be.

So I'm stumped. It's like the system treats a locked system as different from an unlocked one and wants to put the windows back on the monitor they were opened on. Very strange but I suspect is a quirk of my system. Perhaps an update to the drivers will help - but I'll leave that for another day :-)

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

Regards
Tony

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-15  16-35  36-55  56-57