obj output
All  1  2-14

Previous
Next
2123.2 In reply to 2123.1 
Hi Steve, thanks for reporting this bug.

Even though it has a kind of different appearance, it is actually caused by the same bug you reported earlier:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2095.1

I've got it fixed up for the next beta release.

Currently the easiest workaround is probably to copy/paste into v1 and export from there.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.3 In reply to 2123.2 
Thanks Michael.

Off topic.
I cannot get the nudge to work in the beta, the keys are set up (as from the installation of V1) and the script is in the command folder for the beta, but no nudge. Sorry if I have missed info on this (I did a search but found nothing in relation to this). Am I missing something?

Regards,

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.4 In reply to 2123.3 
Hi Steve, there were a couple of different versions of Nudge, can you please post the particular one that you are using so I can give it a try over here?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.5 In reply to 2123.4 
Hi Michael,

This is the only one I use (it is working OK in V1)

Regards,

- Steve

EDITED: 3 Aug 2009 by MANZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.6 In reply to 2123.5 
Hi Steve, I gave that one a try over here with the current v2 beta (Sep-21) and it seems to be working for me...

What are your shortcut key assignments?

They should look like this:

KeyCommand
LeftArrowNudge Left
RightArrow   Nudge Right
UpArrowNudge Up
DownArrowNudge Down
PageUpNudge ZUp
PageDownNudge ZDown

Is it possible that you've got some different spacing in there? There should be no space on the Key part, like no space in "LeftArrow", but on the command part there should be a space after Nudge and the parameter, like a space in "Nudge Left".

Or is there some possibility that you are working at a large scale and the nudge amount is not enough distance to see it?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.7 In reply to 2123.6 
Other than that, just double check that the Nudge.js got into the right folder... It should be able to work the same as v1.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.8 In reply to 2123.6 
Hi Michael,

Strange.

I have the shortcut keys set for V1 (which work), MoI v2 uses that ini file, so as it works correctly in V1, then the syntax for the shortcuts would be correct.

I have the num_pad keys set up for the nudge keys, the nudge.js file is in the commands folder for both V1 and V2. Now in v1, if I remove the nudge.js file from the folder, then nothing happens when I select those keys, replace the nudge.js file and OK. With V2, if the nudge.js file is in the folder or not, when I press the shortcut keys I get an input into the lower num input window.

I will try on another setup.

- Steve

EDITED: 3 Aug 2009 by MANZ

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.9 In reply to 2123.8 
Hi Steve, does it work when you push the other arrow and pageup/down keys, I mean the ones on the main keyboard instead of on the numpad?

There is probably some difference in handling the numpad in v2 that is responsible, I will take a look at that.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.10 In reply to 2123.9 
Hi Steve, over here using the numpad for v2 works fine as long as you have NumLock turned off.

I can only repeat what you are showing with numbers being entered if I have NumLock turned on. This particular part is different between v1 and v2 - v1 did not put the numeric characters into the coordinate entry box in that case.

But v1 also does not nudge anything unless NumLock is turned off either.

Over here at least I have to turn off NumLock in order to nudge with either v1 or v2.

I think what may be happening to you is once you have put in one character with numlock on, your focus moves into that xyz coordinate box and if you then turn numlock off with the focus still in there, the arrow keys will be used for moving the text insertion point around inside of that box, so you won't be able to use arrow keys for nudging until you hit escape or click outside that box to remove focus from it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.11 In reply to 2123.9 
Hi Michael,

>There is probably some difference in handling the numpad in v2 that is responsible,

Yes, that is the problem. I will change the shortcut keys.

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.12 In reply to 2123.10 
Hi Michael,

>>Over here at least I have to turn off NumLock in order to nudge with either v1 or v2.

I have been using the numbers on the num_pad for the shortcuts (not the arrows), so the num_lock needs to be on.

- steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.13 In reply to 2123.12 
Hi Steve, ok I think I see what you mean. You're using a different set of shortcuts than what I wrote above, like you're using something like "2 = Nudge Down", rather than "DownArrow = Nudge Down", is that correct?

In v1 you could use number keys for shortcuts but it can cause some problems because sometimes it would execute your shortcut and other times if there was a command running with a text entry control in it (like the radius of a circle for example), it would put focus there instead of executing your shortcut.

Rather than have this kind of inconsistent treatment, for v2 I've switched this so that the number keys are more reserved for numeric value entry instead of being shortcut keys.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2123.14 In reply to 2123.13 
Hi Michael,

>You're using a different set of shortcuts than what I wrote above, like you're using something like "2 = Nudge Down", rather >than "DownArrow = Nudge Down", is that correct?

Yes. But I have now changed them and all now working correctly.

Regards,

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1  2-14