obj output
All  1-9  10-14

Previous
Next
2123.10 In reply to 2123.9 
Hi Steve, over here using the numpad for v2 works fine as long as you have NumLock turned off.

I can only repeat what you are showing with numbers being entered if I have NumLock turned on. This particular part is different between v1 and v2 - v1 did not put the numeric characters into the coordinate entry box in that case.

But v1 also does not nudge anything unless NumLock is turned off either.

Over here at least I have to turn off NumLock in order to nudge with either v1 or v2.

I think what may be happening to you is once you have put in one character with numlock on, your focus moves into that xyz coordinate box and if you then turn numlock off with the focus still in there, the arrow keys will be used for moving the text insertion point around inside of that box, so you won't be able to use arrow keys for nudging until you hit escape or click outside that box to remove focus from it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.11 In reply to 2123.9 
Hi Michael,

>There is probably some difference in handling the numpad in v2 that is responsible,

Yes, that is the problem. I will change the shortcut keys.

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.12 In reply to 2123.10 
Hi Michael,

>>Over here at least I have to turn off NumLock in order to nudge with either v1 or v2.

I have been using the numbers on the num_pad for the shortcuts (not the arrows), so the num_lock needs to be on.

- steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2123.13 In reply to 2123.12 
Hi Steve, ok I think I see what you mean. You're using a different set of shortcuts than what I wrote above, like you're using something like "2 = Nudge Down", rather than "DownArrow = Nudge Down", is that correct?

In v1 you could use number keys for shortcuts but it can cause some problems because sometimes it would execute your shortcut and other times if there was a command running with a text entry control in it (like the radius of a circle for example), it would put focus there instead of executing your shortcut.

Rather than have this kind of inconsistent treatment, for v2 I've switched this so that the number keys are more reserved for numeric value entry instead of being shortcut keys.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2123.14 In reply to 2123.13 
Hi Michael,

>You're using a different set of shortcuts than what I wrote above, like you're using something like "2 = Nudge Down", rather >than "DownArrow = Nudge Down", is that correct?

Yes. But I have now changed them and all now working correctly.

Regards,

- Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-9  10-14