no news about a OSX version
All  1-3  4-10

Previous
Next
Just to add my vote and what a pity that is not coming soon...

Honestly MoI is pretty much the only reason I still ran windows, As Rhino OSX beta tester enissially I was really happy with the news, BUT after getting in to MoI's Hidden Secrets all I can say MoI ROCKS.

THE MORE I USE MoI THE MORE I WANT MoI ON OSX.

Now The Facts:
(Bob McNeel): We have nearly 12,000 beta users so far...and the list is still growing at a good rate...

About 60% of the beta users are current Rhino users on Windows.

Architosh Talks to Robert McNeel About Rhino for Mac and More...
http://www.architosh.com/news/2008-08/0814_sig_interv_rhino_osx.html

Conclusion:
OSX=$$$$$$$

>>Choosing between that and adding a year's worth of modeling features to MoI, right now I have prioritized working on modeling features and adding new functionality instead of porting.
Michael

Lets get some key people in, I am sure the are gonna pay themselves....
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2121.5 In reply to 2121.4 
Hi Yannada, I really wish I could do it.... I just do not have the time available to make it happen though, I'm stuck with only 24 hours in each day and I am just not able to do work that would require 48 hours per day or more.

Have you tried running with the latest builds of Parallels or VMWare? They may allow you to run MoI on OSX right now.

Rhino is a great example of how much effort it would take - they had a Mac expert come in for that, I believe he has been working on it for over a year now already and it is still quite a ways from being finished. Not exactly a very encouraging sign really.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2121.6 In reply to 2121.5 
First of all I am impressed of the development and your support...also you do not have to answer to post like mine (just concider)

>>Rhino is a great example of how much effort it would take - they had a Mac expert come in for that, I believe he has been working on it for over a year now already and it is still quite a ways from being finished. Not exactly a very encouraging sign really.
- Michael

As I say Lets Outsource (they gonna pay themselves)

Oh another think take some holidays ( I am in greece now come and visit) life is to sort...
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2121.7 In reply to 2121.6 
Hi Yannada, it isn't really possible to outsource the work 100% completely, I would still need to do quite a bit of work in cooperation with the other person to rewrite stuff so that there was a common core set of code that was used by both the Win and Mac versions.

A port that did not do that would be a kind of "one time only" port and would require constant additional work when new things were added to bring other versions up to parity. That would end up making even more work all together in the long run.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2121.8 In reply to 2121.7 
?
I live it here for now (is a challenge is not easy)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2121.9 In reply to 2121.7 
I think, if I was a mac user, I'll install the bootcamp stuff ... MoI deserve it don't you think ?
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2121.10 In reply to 2121.9 
PaQ Windows on my Mac (I dont think so) I have another machine for windows apps....sorry
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-10