Miscellaneous models
 1-15  16-23

Previous
Next
2113.16 In reply to 2113.15 
Works fine but you have forgotten forget to say "Press Details" for dowload the video ;)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.17 In reply to 2113.15 
Hi J.O. - cool video!

It seems that Screencast.com is not set up to embed QuickTime (.mov) videos into other web pages.

I think if you use Flash format (.swf) or possibly .wmv (not sure about .wmv though), it will give you a little bit of HTML code that you can paste into a web page or also into a forum post here to have the video player show up directly inside your post (http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2042.25).

Not a big deal, but possibly the embed method is slightly easier for viewers.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.18 In reply to 2113.17 
Thanks guys.
I have some problem with the Jing app, and I usually use QT (iShowU) and my .Mac site to post my videos.
The .swf files get rather big I think?

Will try some more :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.19 In reply to 2113.18 
Hi J.O.

> The .swf files get rather big I think?

Yeah, they tend to be somewhat larger, but also somewhat more "web page oriented".

To cut down on download size what I do is actually record at full normal application size but then produce the final video scaled down to 640 pixels in width.

Anyway, your current method is fine. I had assumed that you were using Camtasia to do the recording since that is made by the same people that do Screencast.com .

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.20 In reply to 2113.19 
Yes I did use my old Camtasia 3, and manage to get the .swf file size down to 29 mb. The QT H.264 export failed, so I used Mpeg4. The Mpeg4 was around 10MB and the H.264 would be even smaller.
In the future I wil try to put up a download page of MoI videos, like I did for Modo http://homepage.mac.com/janoverust/FileSharing26.html
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.21 In reply to 2113.15 
>
>2113.15 In reply to 2113.14
>Hi Tony. I guess thereĀ“s many ways of model nuts. I recorded a video showing two ways.
>My first Screencast.com upload, so I hope it works. Use this link > http://www.screencast.com/t/551hQLI22E

This is great. Thanks very much. I had no end of trouble making a nut. Ended up with weird multiple curves and all sorts of rubbish. Don't know why I didn't think of using the cone :-)

Thanks again.

Regards
Tony

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2113.22 In reply to 2113.20 
Hi J.O.,

> In the future I wil try to put up a download page of MoI videos, like I did for Modo
> http://homepage.mac.com/janoverust/FileSharing26.html

That certainly makes it more friendly for the viewers.

The way that Screencast.com by default happens to display .mov videos is just not too elegant where it uses this text for the main download link:

"Unable to embed this content type. Download this media."

It's just a bit hard to notice the download link there, since it almost appears to be an error message at first instead! It seems like they have more expected for Flash to be used so that they would show the player right there.

But having your own page with a better link that does not look like an error message solves that problem.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2113.23 In reply to 2113.22 
Agree Michael. I does look like error page :) Not very user friendly and "sexy".

OK. Restarted the computer and Jing started again. Recorded and uploaded a Flash movie.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages:  1-15  16-23