Extrude to surface
All  1-3  4-5

Previous
Next
210.4 In reply to 210.3 
Hi Richard, thank you for making those images, that totally clarifies it.

I had been thinking about adding this functionality into Trim (or maybe more appropriately a boolean) instead of Extrude, though.

The way it would work is in your step 3, instead of doing an extrusion there you could do a trim or boolean of the box with the curve, and there would be an option to leave the imprint of the extruded trimming curve on to the box. Right now you can do the trim, but it only cuts the box and does not leave the extrusion of the trimming curve itself behind, that's what would change.

This would end up being a little bit more general purpose than doing a specialized extrude, because a specialized extrude method would have problems with some shapes, such as imagine if your trimming curve in step #3 was a circle - you can't do a clean extrusion of a circle if the circle is vertically aligned...

So what would you think of that method?

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
210.5 In reply to 210.4 
Hi Michael

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly what you purpose sounds more dynamic that what I was showing. I was looking at it strictly from a CAD point of view as this is one of the features I used in CATIA.

I think the way you plan on adding this feature eliminates even more steps that what I had shown.

Keep up the great work :) And thanks.
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-3  4-5