Display (mesh) problems
All  1  2-7

Previous
Next
2095.2 In reply to 2095.1 
Hi Steve, thanks for reporting it and posting the example.

There is a bug with some partial spheres (surface trimmed down from a full sphere I mean) in the current v2 beta, the way the bug happens it actually only messes up the mesher, the actual geometry itself is fine.

It actually was not a bug in the mesher itself though, it was a regression in the updated geometry library back from a couple of betas ago, which is why it doesn't happen in v1.

It's fixed up for the next beta, I should be trying to get that out next week I hope.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2095.3 In reply to 2095.2 
Aaaahhhhh!

I was about to complain!
(Not a Brian foul up!)
Brian
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2095.4 In reply to 2095.2 
Hi Michael....

May we know the progress of object organization ?
Btw, I am agree with you about you have to focus to improve moi instead of answer every question on this forum :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2095.5 In reply to 2095.4 
Hi Anis,

> May we know the progress of object organization ?

Well, rather slow so far I'm afraid. It's taken quite a bit of time to fix bugs in some other areas in the past few weeks.

I have finished some of the infrastructure of the properties panel piece, so that it responds to the selection changing and command UI coming and going properly.

It does not do a whole lot quite yet though, this is what it currently looks like right this moment:

Not very exciting quite yet... :) That is a new panel there that shows up when you are in selection mode, that is before you have started running a command.

The first things in it at the top will be an optional object name, and the object type displayed there, I haven't got it finished up yet but that type will say something like "Solid" or "Closed crv" so you can tell at a glance whether a selected curve or surface object is actually closed or not.

Then the idea is that there will be a few entries underneath this, probably one for color, and then a "Details" button and a "Tools" button.

The current idea is for the "Details" button to open up a big dialog box that has a bunch of more information about the selected object, that will probably be where stuff like the radius of a circle and length of a line will be listed and be editable. I was thinking previously about trying to build that information directly in to the properties panel, but there is not a whole lot of space to deal with there so I've been moving more towards an idea of having it on a dialog instead. That way it will make it much easier for me to provide quite a whole lot of stuff about the object. The idea for "Tools" will be to open up a drop-down menu with a bunch of more "advanced" tools that can be applied to the selected object type. It will probably end up as a sort of dumping ground for a whole bunch of things which will help to keep the top level UI cleaner for the more frequently used things.

I'll probably wait to release the new beta until I finish up at least some more of the basic stuff working on this properties panel.

The other major part for object organization will be the browser pane which will be a much larger panel that has a list of all the different objects and groups in it. I'm hoping to concentrate on that part not for this currently in-progress beta but the one after that.

- Michael

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2095.6 In reply to 2095.5 
Teasing :)
---
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
My Gallery
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2095.7 In reply to 2095.6 
Keep on the right track Michael.... :)
  Reply Reply More Options