About Extrude

Next
Does it possible to erase the automatic extruded form given by the position of the cursor before you choice "Set Dir"
because it's pertubating for enter the 2 points of Direction!
Curiously that is erased for the "Set Path" but not for the "Set Dir" !
or there is a particular reason that I have missed?

PS does exist a script for select automatically only "generator curves"
there is a script "Select by type" So we can use "Curve" but if want only curves who has generated something?
Maybe this will be resolved by the futur's objects system;)

EDITED: 15 Oct 2008 by PILOU

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2084.2 In reply to 2084.1 
Hi Pilou, re: extrude - maybe I don't understand exactly what you mean there, but showing the result of the direction on the second point is a feature that lets you get some feedback on what that direction is going to look like before you finish picking. It's a similar feature as any other kind of point-picking feedback, such as seeing the result of the extrude when you move your mouse around before you pick the actual height point.

For "Set Path" it does not update until you finish picking a curve. This is normal behavior for all other commands as well - generally for actions that require picking an object they wait until an object is selected before updating anything, they do not update on every mouse move over objects, but picking points it is generally the other way around and normally things update dynamically to match the point currently under the mouse before it is picked.

If you do not want to see any feedback for the "Set dir", then an alternative would be to draw a line segment first and use that as the path with "Set path".

re: select generator curves, check out the Select parents script:
http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/#SelectParents

If you have an object selected, that will switch selection to any generator curves that were used to create it.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2084.3 In reply to 2084.2 
Is it more clear? :)
The first volume not created is parasite!
And the first point is not yet clicked!
Will be cool when Pushing the button "Set Dir" the parasite volume should be disapear like Set Path :)
(not vital but more comfortable and clean) It disapears at the First Point Clicked :)
Ps Thx for the "parent"

EDITED: 15 Oct 2008 by PILOU

Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
Next
2084.4 In reply to 2084.3 
Hi Pilou, sorry about that I think I understand correctly now!

Yes - that would definitely be better to clear any previous temporary result when using "Set dir".

I have set this up for the next v2 beta and actually all the changes required are inside the Extrude.js script command, so if you would like you can update your current version with the attached Extrude.js command script to get that change.

Just copy this one over top of the old version inside of the \commands subfolder.

Does that then do what you were asking about?

- Michael
Attachments:

Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Previous
2084.5 In reply to 2084.4 
Perfect!
Woks like a charm and is very well adapted to the fonction! Now all is neat & clear! :)
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All