mesh angle
All  1-4  5-6

Previous
Next
2071.5 In reply to 2071.4 
Hi Steve, yeah that kind of shallow arc situation really needs a separate mechanism to refine those.

Cranking the angle down to 2 or 3 degrees would solve that particular problem, but it will cause a really, really huge increase in density in a lot of other places.

Currently you just have to ignore that type of shallow arc poor display problem for the time being, it is just a display artifact and doesn't mean that your actual surface data is bad, and when it comes time to export the export mesher is not as sensitive to it in the same way that the display mesher is. The display mesher takes some shortcuts to speed things up, and that is one side effect from that.

It is on my todo list to fix up those shallow arc problems by using an additional "chord" measurement in addition to the angle one. That should help to get rid of that particular problem without greatly increasing the density in other places.

I haven't had a chance to get to that yet because adjustments to the display mesher have to be done pretty carefully since it affects program performance a lot. So for example I want to be careful not to slow down processing of everything in general too much, just to get that shallow arc type situation to display better. That means the tuneup has to be tested very carefully which is time consuming.

- Michael
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Previous
2071.6 In reply to 2071.5 
Michael, I don't think it's really a problem, because it probably doesn't come up that often.

Steve
  Reply Reply More Options
Post Options
Reply as PM Reply as PM
Print Print
Mark as unread Mark as unread
Relationship Relationship
IP Logged

Reply to All Reply to All

Show messages: All  1-4  5-6